A new start for the Free Knowledge Institute and the Free Technology Academy
as you may have already noticed, the several wikis and other websites of the Free Knowledge Institute and the Free Technology Academy have published very little "good" content lately. This was due to a combination of two factors:
- the software infrastructure had become too complex to maintain with the available resources. This had both opened it to spammers, and made it too complex to adapt it to the current resources and needs of FKI/FTA
- the new FKI Board, established last autumn, needed time to define a new structure and a migration strategy compatible with the available resources, but also able to save as much as possible of the old websites
Today, the FKI Board is happy to announce that this analysis is ended, and that, finally we have already started restructuring the websites. For the reasons explained above, all the content hosted until today at:
- campus.ftacademy.org (where the online courses take place)
will be taken offline immediately, within this week. Immediately after, will migrate and update all and only the content that is still relevant (even if only from an historical point of view) to brand new wikis.
All the accounts of the wikis and portals listed above will be deactivated. Everybody wishing to be part of the FKI/FTA community is kindly requested to register (again) in the new wikis that will be announced. For the time being, the community portal will be replaced by the FTA discussion mailing list, which you are all welcome to join.
This is unfortunate, but it is also the only way to restore an adequate Web presence for FKI/FTA, and let us restart with new activities to fulfil our mission, including but not limited to:
- new courses next September, in a brand new Moodle environment.
- launch of a crowdfunding project to update all the official courseware of the Free Technology Academy